Friday, December 12, 2008

soooo frusterating

So we were SUPPOSE to see our ob/gyn doctor for the first time today. We rearranged our schedules so Patrick could go with and Taryn got a sitter. We got there early to fill out paperwork. Meanwhile I had to pee, but was holding it for the upcoming urine sample.....Almost 50 minutes later(still having not peed!) we were told the dr left. She was apparently on call, which I can understand. What I don't get is the receptionist who told the dr would be out for at least two hours and may not return today...did I want to wait????? Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't they work together in a practice so they can cover each others patients? And to make matters worse, the next available appointment isn't until next Fri when she is also on call!! I didn't take the appointment as I deem it needless as I will be seeing the specialist I love in Omaha the day before. Totally NOT impressed with the whole clinic. And maybe it was an off day, but the receptionist didn't seem to think it was at all out of the ordinary. And just to note, there were obviously other doctors working at this time yet there was a 1/2 full waiting room and in the 50 minutes we were there only ONE patient was called back. Maybe I've just had good experiences with dr.'s offices, but I'm not looking forward to being cared for there. If the next visit goes the same I'll be asking to only go to Omaha, even with the drive. The longest I ever waited there was 20 minutes and I was also able to see a colleague if my doctor wasn't available. I think I'm done venting now...if you made it thru all that, congrats!

Also Patrick was doing the Disney "hot dog" dance today...for good reason.... he's finished with finals!!!!!!!!!!! 1/2 way through the year!
Tonite we're going to his classmates suprise bday party to celebrate...YEAH!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

That sucks. They actually made you wait to pee too? At all of my appts they would have you pee as soon as you checked in. I hope your next experience there is much better. How far along are you now?